The firm, which specialises in pharmaceutical and self-directed consumer healthcare, has significantly increased the footprint, capacity, and capability in all areas of new product development and manufacturing of branded Rx, OTC, NDA, and medical device products.
The firm’s newly completed footprint dramatically expands its overall capacity through increases in manufacturing footprint, warehousing, process flow, blending, and employee space.
Highlights of Formulated Solutions’ investments include:
- the addition of 30,000 square feet of new employee and on-site warehousing space;
- ‘substantial’ increases in blending capacity supported by custom-build blending vessels;
- installation of high-viscosity, high-precision aerosol filling upgrades;
- qualification of a custom fully-automated high-speed premium airless filling and assembly production line;
- the installation of expanded capacity in pre-weighing of raw materials and incoming raw material inspection.
The company also designed and installed a fully dedicated ‘plant within a plant’ for new nasal spray products including pre-weigh, blending, and high-speed filling, with production rates reaching 200 units per minute.
“Formulated Solutions has been growing at high double digits for more than two decades and being able to anticipate large-scale growth has long been part of both our DNA and business model,” said Scott Carpenter, the firm’s vice-president of marketing and partner innovation.
“I could not be prouder of our ability to continuously grow and serve the ever-expanding field of opportunities we’ve been able to cultivate with our marketing partners.”