Aerosol can causes flash fire in Poughkeepsie

The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that an aerosol can caused a flash fire at Gold’s Gym in the Town of Poughkeepsie.

An aerosol can of spray is reported to have fallen onto an overheating transformer inside of the gym, starting the flash fire. LaGrange fire chief Barry Ward informed the Poughkeepsie Journal that it was a ladder that caused the can to fall onto the transformer and that it was “already in the process of malfunctioning” before the fire brigade arrived.

Ward described the flash fire as “not quite an explosion” but a quick burst of burning flammable liquid.

The flash fire caused two people to be injured and transported to a local hospital.  

Firefighters determined that the over 400 watt powered transformer was not only overheating, but making an unusual noise, before the aerosol can fell on top of it.

Latest News

174 queries in 1.183 seconds.